Skip to main content

Launch of The UDRP Blog!

Welcome!

I've always had an interest in and followed decisions pertaining to the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP"). Perhaps my interest stems from the fact that, as a young lawyer fresh out of law school, nobody really thought I had much knowledge or experience--except in the area of Internet law. It was the very fact that I was young that gave people confidence in my understanding of the laws in this area of practice. So I ran with it and determined that I would live up to the reputation that apparently preceded me.

And here today more than eight years later, I am still practicing in the area of Internet law, enforcing my clients' rights as they pertain to domain names, keyword advertising, use of Google AdWords, hyperlinking, framing, and use of metatags. I have the privilege of serving on the International Trademark Association's Whois Subcommittee to the Internet Committee, a group that develops policy pertaining to use of proxy servers and other privacy mechanisms in connection with registration of domain names.

And now, I am launching this blog. Once a skeptic of blogs, I find myself admiring those making the effort to provide the valuable service of a well-written blog. I hope you find this blog to be informative, thought provoking, and entertaining. Happy reading and please share your thoughts.

Best Regards,
William J. Morris III

Comments